The Portland Clinic has a team of well-rounded, highly trained physical therapists here to help you reach your goals. They will incorporate a multitude of techniques to decrease your pain and increase your range of motion, strength, stability and flexibility for prevention, treatment and management of a wide variety of physical disorders. As a multi-specialty medical clinic, The Portland Clinic physical therapists have direct access to your medical doctors and specialists for increased and efficient communication to better serve you and enhance your treatment.
PROCEDURES/SERVICES (Including, but not limited to)
- Neck pain/whiplash
- Rotator cuff dysfunction
- Frozen shoulder/adhesive capsulitis
- Overuse injuries/tendonitis
- Carpal tunnel
- Pain/stiffness from motor vehicle accidents
- Pain/stiffness from work injury
- Sports rehab/orthopedic injuries & dysfunctions
- Body mechanics & postural training
- Core stabilization strengthening
- General weakness
- Low back pain
- Muscle spasms, strains
- Total/partial joint replacements
- Ligament repairs
- Meniscus repairs
- Joint strains/sprains
- Bone fractures/repairs/bruises
- Plantar fasciitis
- Gait assessment & training
- Assistive Device instruction (including crutch training)
- Balance assessment and training-fall risk determination
- Running Assessment
- Vestibular weakness/Vertigo (dizziness)/BPPV
- Disease management (i.e. Scoliosis, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis, Arthritis)
- Rehab for s/p Stroke, CVA (must be ambulatory)
- Pelvic floor therapy
- Golf Assessment
What to expect: Your first appointment will be approximately one hour long. At this time your therapist will talk with you regarding your concerns and goals for rehabilitation. This discussion will help the therapist get a general idea of what could be causing your pain or dysfunction, followed by an examination of the area(s) of concern as recommended by your doctor. It is helpful to see and feel the body parts to get a good examination so it is recommended that you wear comfortable cl othing that can expose the area(s) of concern and will also lend to movement and exercise. After the examination the therapist will develop a plan for treatment and how often they would like to see you. Typically, patients are seen 1-3 times per week for 4-6 weeks or less depending on the dysfunction. These appointments will last approximately 30 minutes and may consist of therapeutic exercises, manual therapy, ASTYM, balance & gait training, taping techniques, traction and/or modalities such as electrical stimulation and ultrasound.
Make an appointment: With seven therapists in three locations, we are sure to have the right fit for you. Give us a call and our assistants will help match you with a therapist that can help you reach your goals and match your fitness personality and philosophy.
Location Specialty Extensions: Downtown – (503) 221-0161 x2260 South – (503) 620-7358 x2910 Tigard – (503) 293-0161 x4138 Beaverton – (503) 646-0161 x6117 Northeast – (503) 233-6940 x3029
Free Discussion Group: Pain Science, Movement, and Mindfulness
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
This discussion group will introduce participants to the science of pain in easy-to-understand concepts. We will incorporate physical and cognitive elements and show how these combine to affect the pain experience. Participants can share their successful methods for pain control as well.
- Tigard | Saturday, June 22, 2019 | 9:30-10:30 A.M.
- Tigard | Saturday, July 20, 2019 | 9:30-10:30 A.M.
To register, call 503-293-0161 ext. 4138[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]