An Infectious Disease Specialist is a medical doctor who has completed board certification in internal medicine, and goes beyond that training to specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions and illnesses caused by microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, fungal organisms and parasites.
Our Infectious Diseases physicians offer consultative services for your primary care providers and specialists for infections that may be difficult to treat or diagnose.
Specific services include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of bacterial infections including MRSA, C. difficile infection, recurrent urinary tract infections, endocarditis, bone and joint infections, tuberculosis
- Treatment and follow up for hospital acquired infections including antibiotic infusion and coordination of care
- Diagnosis and treatment of Invasive fungal infections
- Travel related illness evaluation and treatment, include vaccination concerns
- Evaluation of fevers of unknown origin (FUO)
- HIV diagnosis and treatment
- Preexposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for individuals at risk for HIV
To provide collaborative care and ensure that you have a meaningful visit, our Infectious Disease physicians do require a referral from your primary care provider, surgeon or specialist. Referrals best includes information regarding your medical history, lab reports and results of any cultures and special tests.
For patients who would like to establish HIV care, please contact us directly for more information.