Our work at The Portland Clinic Foundation depends on generous donors. If you are grateful to your Portland Clinic care providers, or if you just want to make a guaranteed impact upon Portlanders in need, donate to The Portland Clinic Foundation today. How and when you contribute is up to you:
Online donations accommodate one-time or recurring contributions.
Mail a check to The Portland Clinic Foundation, 1221 SW Yamhill St., Ste. 400, Portland, OR 97205.
An easy way for The Portland Clinic employees to contribute.
Would you like to include The Portland Clinic Foundation in your legacy planning? Please contact us to learn more:
The Shadow Project: making school more accessible for children with learning challenges.
If you would like to get involved with The Portland Clinic Foundation’s work, please get in touch. We are always looking for volunteers for our work and our nonprofit partners. Please share your ideas and feedback and help spread the word.
GREAT REASONS TO GIVE
- Proven impact: Our grantees are selected through rigorous research, sector-specific analysis and ongoing evaluation.
- Targeting real needs: We support organizations and communities underserved by other philanthropic programs.
- Contributions go further: By pooling your gift with others’, your contribution will help provide larger grants to nonprofits for greater impact.
- Accessible, fair grantmaking: We keep our grant application straightforward and offer unrestricted funding so that nonprofits have more time to do their real work.
- A commitment to volunteerism: Money helps our nonprofit partners, but so does elbow grease. We help our partners find the volunteers they need.
- Stronger community: Giving back helps break down divides, builds solidarity and equality, and strengthens our city’s social fabric.
- Improved personal wellness: Peer-reviewed studies have found that charitable giving correlates to health benefits including lower blood pressure and a longer life.
Plus, contributions are tax deductible, and 100 percent of your gift will go directly to the community.
“My relationship with The Portland Clinic goes back 60 years: My grandmother was a nurse there, and it was The Portland Clinic’s Dr. Ambrose Shields who told my mother that she was pregnant with me.
“I grew up in Southeast Portland, and at times, my parents didn’t have two nickels to rub together. The social welfare net was critically important in my life—a lot of people stepped up to make my life better because they felt it was the right thing to do.
“That’s why I give back now. I believe that as a society, it’s our obligation and privilege to invest in the community as best we can, and supporting The Portland Clinic Foundation is a great way to do that. I think The Portland Clinic Foundation is uniquely positioned to leverage the good work of the Clinic’s physicians and employees in order to give back to the community in a way that is consistent with their mission and values.”
— Mike Larson, CPA and board treasurer